[LAD] Beta testers required...

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Wed Jul 23 23:35:20 UTC 2014

On 07/24/2014 12:56 AM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> Anyone interested in beta-testing this please let me know.
>

> Zita-njbridge
> -------------
>
> Command line Jack clients to transmit full quality
> multichannel audio over a local IP network, with
> adaptive resampling at the receiver.
>
> Main features:
>
> * One-to-one (UDP) or one-to-many (multicast).
> * Sender and receiver(s) can each have their own
>   sample rate and period size.
> * Up to 64 channels, 16 or 24 bit or float samples.
> * Receiver(s) can select any combination of channels.
> * Low latency, optional additional buffering.
> * High quality jitter-free resampling.
> * Graceful handling of xruns, skipped cycles, lost
>   packets and freewheeling.
> * IP6 fully supported.
> * Requires zita-resampler, no other dependencies.
surely it requires libjack - and probably libc, too :)

Hi Fons,

Wow, that sounds great.

I'm curious why you've made a standalone client out of this, rather than
fixing netjack. Is there any chance that this could become an internal
client (required for forwarding jack-transport)?

What is the use-case of directly resampling for network-transmission?
Are you running two jackd's at different sample-rates? And if not,
how does that differ from using netjack and resampling locally with
zita-ajbridge?

Could it be used to bridge two jackd's on localhost with different SR?

Why is it limited to 64 channels only?

Are there any plan to add support for jack-midi ports?

Does it set jack port-latencies properly (after resampling)?

I suppose I am interested in testing :)

Cheers!
robin