[LAD] Beta testers required...

tom at trellis.ch tom at trellis.ch
Thu Jul 24 13:42:00 UTC 2014

If you have synced audio interfaces, this might work too:
https://github.com/7890/jack_tools/tree/master/audio_rxtx
It is also a regular jack client, no client/server, one-to-one,
one-to-many (broadcast), for LAN use, UDP (OSC blobs), non-compressed
audio,
Has configurable buffer on receiver side, different behaviour models
(there is a 'back' channel), up to 64 voices, different period sizes
possilbe.
BUT.. no resampling, not even when the same SR. So either using a large
buffer on the receiver or use word clock synced audio interfaces.
I've successfully transfered some channels from pc1 to pc2, where both
have a firewire audio interface, one of which is the master, the other is
slaved with S/PDIF. Both pcs run a fully independent JACK (at different
period sizes, same SR). The short S/PDIF cable makes the network case
"local" again, but it works quite reliably (i.e. thight buffer sizes
possible since there is almost no drift). If you give it a try i will be
interested to hear your feedback.
Best,
Tom

(the audio interfaces drift like this when not synced:
http://lowres.ch/misc/20131228_sisco_spdif_drift.ogv. using robin gareus'
great sisco scope)