[LAD] Standalone resources browser - mockup, near of publishing, need discussion

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Jun 5 22:36:01 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 6:28 PM, Zlobin Nikita <cook60020tmp at mail.ru> wrote:

> What do you mean by filtering? If some plugin type is not supported by drag
> target, than it obviously should reject it.

i guess i don't understand what you're attempting to do.

> And about realtime - some processing plugins are not marked as realtime-
> capable (TAP plugins), as well as RT may be used for non-realtime work.
>
> Any sample editor, like audacity, mhwaveedit, could also accept them for
> non-
> realtime operations. Btw, hopely, there could appear even video plugins. Of
> course, if there are some standards appart gstreamer plugins.

let me restate that. the whole design of audio analysis plugin APIs has
important differences when compared with processing plugin APIs, even
though they overlap to some extent.

most notable: the output of a VAMP plugin is NOT audio (nor any streaming
data of any kind at all).