[LAD] C++ guide

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 21:42:14 UTC 2014

Hey Will,

This really depends: are you asing about refactoring the code-structure
(classes, inheritance, is-a vs. has-a owenership etc) or actual "code" in
the sense of stl vectors and refactoring actual "useful" code as I see it :)

For basics of C++ std libs etc, I generally refer to these:
http://www.learncpp.com
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cmath/pow/   (or whatever function
you're looking for)

In terms of design and such, I've read a lot of different books, but found
it difficult to find really relevant things: most books focus on ATM
machine class-structures etc (i know the knowledge applies across the
board... but still)

There's also some Digital Audio & Java books I've read: in terms of general
audio etc its useful:
http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Audio-Java-Craig-Lindley/dp/0130876763

There's also the classic audio-programming book:
http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Programming-Book-Richard-Boulanger/dp/0262014467

I think with your Yoshimi experience, you're probably familiar the contents
of these books, but included here for reference & completeness for others
in future :)

Hope that helps, -Harry