[LAD] [ANN] QmidiNet 0.2.0 is out!

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Jun 21 00:31:24 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 7:35 PM, Brett McCoy <idragosani at gmail.com> wrote:

> Negligible. I've been using it (and multimidicast previously) for
> years, since I use samplers on a separate machine from where I
> sequence, much better than old serial MIDI cables, too, since you can
> have multiple MIDI interfaces over a single ethernet interface (and
> can be used for wireless also, like with TouchDAW)

and moreover, you can have multiple computers "connected" to the same
controller without moving any cables. i don't mean simultaneously, but if
you use computer A then computer B and they are both on the same network,
they both can communicate with the controller without any replugging. a
small but lovely thing. it would have been lovely if apple (cough, cough)
had adopted this also but they rolled their own solution.