[LAD] Open Source to be or not to be?

hermann meyer brummer- at web.de
Mon Jun 30 16:25:04 UTC 2014

Am 30.06.2014 17:32, schrieb Fons Adriaensen:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 04:02:20PM +0200, hermann meyer wrote:
>
>> PLease, Fons, if you found more Bugs, or have any issue with the way
>> we implement parts of your work, let me know. I'm all open !
> The four T60 controls are supposed to be log as well.
> And please get rid of that silly little slider named
> 'Freq X'.

Okay, done:
http://sourceforge.net/p/guitarix/git/ci/b725a6dd8f94bd9c63944c0b31cb25bdbe91f6ba/

> Another matter: starting guitarix without Jack running produces
> an empty black 'Jack Starter' window. No matter what I do next
> will crash X11.

mm, that's bad. Problem here, I cant reproduce it. The 'Jack Starter'
window should usualy let you select if you would start jack, ignore jack
and start guitarix without it (audio engine wouldn't work in that case),
or exit.
It is completely empty? No text, no buttons on bottom?

As a workaround you could go to the Menu Options -> Jack Startup Control
and select there your jack control app, Qjackctl, jackd autostart, or
insert what ever you use, to start/control jackd.
Tick the little box "don’t ask me on startup" to avoid that the "Jack
Starter" window pops up.
In the meantime I will revue our source to find the issue.

Maybe the issue is that we have preselected qjackctl, do you use qjackctl?

Thanks for your help
hermann