[LAD] Open Source to be or not to be?

hermann meyer brummer- at web.de
Mon Jun 30 19:09:20 UTC 2014

Am 30.06.2014 20:19, schrieb Fons Adriaensen:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 06:25:04PM +0200, hermann meyer wrote:
>
>> It is completely empty? No text, no buttons on bottom?
> Completely black. Tried to launch a screen capture, but simply
> hitting Alt-R to get a command line crashed my entire session.
>
> I don't need a workaround, normally Jacks runs as soon as I log
> in. But I'm that nasty one who will test and measure things.

And that is great !

Maybe I've found the issue for the crash, just, as I said, I can't
reproduce it here, but I guess it was the wrong default behavior of our
jack starter. I've changed it now from "try to start" to "exit", when
not explicit start is selected . That didn't solve why you get a empty
window, but may avoid in first place the crash.
I've not really a idea why the window be empty, I guess your desktop
(manager if one) may be the reason. To reproduce it, I would know what
you use as desktop.

hermann