[LAD] Audio problem for numerical optimization

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Mar 1 10:17:50 UTC 2014

Hi Jeremia :)

On Sat, 2014-03-01 at 07:49 +0100, user web210p1 wrote:
> FFT is used as an example in the lecture so it cannot be used, unless
> there is a significant additional computation involved.

A less resource hungry JAMin would be nice, by keeping the sound quality
it has got now.

"JAMin uses FFT, so it's a quite CPU and memory hungry beast." -
http://jamin.sourceforge.net/en/reqs.html

An example in a lecture isn't useful for any user. I don't know if
significant additional computation is involved, but JAMin is important
and much used software, not just a theoretical University kindergarten
game, nobody ever would care about.

Regards,
Ralf