[LAD] Audio problem for numerical optimization

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Sun Mar 2 08:16:54 UTC 2014

[Paul Davis]
>On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 7:33 AM, Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:
>[...]
>in addition, fftw3 has already had years of optimization applied.

Two algorithms of wide and likely lasting use that might be able to
benefit strongly from vectorisation come to my mind: sample-rate
conversion and time-stretching (the frequency-domain kind which
already benefits from FFTW efficiency but does a lot of costly
arithmetic on top of that).  There's excellent code for both out there
but I think -- correct me if I'm wrong -- it's pretty much exclusively
scalar not vector/parallel processing.

Cheers,
Tim