[LAD] Input/output error alsa api

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 09:07:42 UTC 2014

Hi Thiago,

Slightly other question: are you *sure* you want to write directly using
the ALSA API?
Generally, writing a JACK[1] client (for linux-pro-audio use-cases), or
RtAudio[2] is a better idea, and easier in my opinion...

They're easier to write to, and abstract away some of the details of the
soundcard settings / channels etc.
HTH, -Harry

[1] https://github.com/jackaudio/example-clients/blob/master/simple_client.c
[2] https://www.music.mcgill.ca/~gary/rtaudio/