[LAD] ladspa: dlopen failed for tap ladspa plugins

Cedric Roux sed at free.fr
Sun May 18 20:09:55 UTC 2014

On 05/18/2014 09:04 PM, Filipe Coelho wrote:
> On 05/18/2014 07:50 PM, Cedric Roux wrote:
>> Ubuntu is wrong too. Debian is okay. So it might be ubuntu the
>> guilty one in there. I sent an email to the list
>> ubuntu-motu at lists.ubuntu.com
>> (https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/2014-May/007660.html)
>
> I think this is caused by -Wl,--as-needed in the LDFLAGS.
> This flag was introduced some time ago in Debian, and recent Ubuntu
> versions have it as well.
>
> Have you checked tap-plugins from debian testing?
> Perhaps the issue is also there.

I tried testing and unstable. ldd tap_rotspeak.so shows libm.

Got a reply in the ubuntu mailing list.
(https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/2014-May/007661.html)

As you say, it seems to be related with the --as-needed thing.
So now the real question is why it works in debian. :)

And for plugin writers, remember to put the libraries you use
*after* your .o files in the linking command line. Some
distributions have funky linker defaults.

So tap-plugins is wrong. The -lm comes *before* the .o in the Makefile.
(what a crazy sunday...)