[LAD] DTS-HD bits out HDMI port

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Thu Nov 13 22:42:02 UTC 2014

Hey list,

I'd like to be able to stream DTS-HD Master Audio bits out the HDMI port
in their compressed form - not decompressed to LPCM. I'll let the
receiver handle the decoding.

From what I can gather, this may be possible with the ALSA API,
provided the HDMI port is >= 1.3 and the audio card supports high
bit-rate (HBR).

Is my thinking way off? Is there a more suitable API or approach for
this? If it requires specific hardware, I am less concerned about that
as I am the feasibility of the end goal.

Regards,

--
Kip Warner -- Senior Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred