[LAD] [LAU] zitaretuner

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat Oct 11 11:37:58 UTC 2014

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 05:41:37AM +0200, hermann meyer wrote:

> Am 10.10.2014 22:14, schrieb Fons Adriaensen:

> >I've complained about this sort of thing before, and this time
> >I'm really pissed. So let one thing be clear: I will never again
> >release any code under a license that allows this sort of thing
> >to happen.

> Zita came with 12 years as a maid to the wealthy family Pagano di
> Fatinelli according to Lucca

Google translator got this wrong: it should be 'in Lucca'
(a very nice town in Toscana).

But my 'trademark' has nothing at all to do with saints, 'zita'
means the greek letter 'zeta' which in greek is called 'zita',
and 'kokkini' means 'red'. This was inspired by the name of
the small seaside town 'Kokkini Chani' on Crete - I liked the
sound of it.

There is some wordplay involved as well: in a popular Flemish
comic strip there is a character called 'Rooie Zita' which means
'red-haired Zita'. She's the girlfriend of the hero and doesn't
look like a saint at all (google for 'Rooie Zita').

Ciao,

--
FA