[LAD] suil error: Unable to open UI library

Phil CM philcm at gnu.org
Wed Oct 15 18:24:32 UTC 2014

Hello LADs

I'm trying to make a GUI for a LV2 synth based on so-404. In fact, I'm
trying to learn C / C++.

I got everything to build OK, but I'm stuck on a hard to read execution
error ; when I load the plugin in jalv, it loads it OK, but fails to
load the UI and says :

suil error: Unable to open UI library
/usr/local/lib/lv2/kis.lv2/kis_gui.so
(/usr/local/lib/lv2/kis.lv2/kis_gui.so: undefined symbol:
_Z17instantiateSO_404PK15_LV2_DescriptordPKcPKPK12_LV2_Feature)

(The architecture is based on
https://github.com/harryhaaren/lv2/tree/master/plugins/eg-sinsynth.lv2
in fact it is exactly the same : synth.c/h, synth_gui.cpp, widget.cpp/h,
built as synth.so synth_gui.so synth.ttl and manifest.ttl using waf).

I must say I'm still to fully understand the concept of descriptors...
Can somebody see what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

--Philippe "xaccrocheur" Coatmeur