[LAD] suil error: Unable to open UI library

Phil CM philcm at gnu.org
Thu Oct 16 10:53:53 UTC 2014

On 16/10/14 11:14, Cedric Roux wrote:

> remove "static" for declaration of instantiateSO_404, both
> in kis.h and kis.c.
(...)

> Then, in mix.h you should add the 3 lines:
> #ifdef __cplusplus
> extern "C" {
> #endif
> near the top (let's say after all the #include lines)
> and at the very end, the 3 lines:
> #ifdef __cplusplus
> }
> #endif
(...)
> To see something popup I had to run in the 'build' directory:
> gcc -shared -pthread widget.cpp.4.o kis_gui.cpp.4.o -o
> kis.lv2/kis_gui.so -Wl,-Bdynamic -L/tmp/aa/lib -lntk -lcairo ../kis.c
> -I../../include -fPIC
> (path adjustement needed if you want to reproduce)
> followed by "waf install" in the upper directory.
>
> I basically include "kis.c" in "kui_gui.so".
>
> Then running:
> jalv.gtk https://bitbucket.org/xaccrocheur/kis
> sees a window popup with a menu and a slider.
(...)

Oh Mon Dieu, it works. Cedric, thank you very much for your light. All
those infos are exactly what I needed ;
Those atrocious begginer errors were hard to spot, let alone correct,
and I find it hard to thank you enough to have taken the time to put me
back on track.

Now I need to learn waf to get it to build this :)

Phil