[LAD] How can an LV2 plugin UI get the value of a control port from the plugin?

Philippe Coatmeur philcm at gnu.org
Mon Oct 20 00:38:59 UTC 2014

On 17/10/14 15:56, Harry van Haaren wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Phil CM <philcm at gnu.org
> <mailto:philcm at gnu.org>> wrote:
>
>     Also each time the UI is opened, the widgets are reset at maximum
>     (not the values).
>
> Hi Phil,
>
> Glad to see you're excited and working hard on learning LV2! Checkout
> the example plugins: they show how things work.
>
> In the UI, there is a  port_event()  function. It tells the UI what
> port changed, and what its current value is. Use this to do
> widget->setValue( newValue ); and you're done ;)
>
> Eg (from OpenAV's ArtyFX, Bitta plugin)
> https://github.com/harryhaaren/openAV-ArtyFX/blob/master/bitta/gui/ui.cxx#L131
In this very example, value() seems to be a method of graph object, but
when I look at it :

{ graph = new Avtk::Crusher(5, 36, 150, 126, "graph");
graph->box(FL_UP_BOX);
graph->color((Fl_Color)179);
graph->selection_color(FL_INACTIVE_COLOR);
graph->labeltype(FL_NO_LABEL);
graph->labelfont(0);
graph->labelsize(14);
graph->labelcolor(FL_FOREGROUND_COLOR);
graph->callback((Fl_Callback*)cb_graph);
graph->align(Fl_Align(FL_ALIGN_BOTTOM));
graph->when(FL_WHEN_CHANGED);
} // Avtk::Crusher* graph

Still can't see the setValue() you are talking about... I do see
when(FL_WHEN_CHANGED); used a lot in your plugins, is when() what I'm
looking for?

Thanks -Phil

--
Philippe "xaccrocheur" Coatmeur