[LAD] [ANN] Qtractor 0.6.3 - The Armed Hadron beta release!
Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
Mon Sep 22 17:18:01 UTC 2014
Ah, the equinox...
Twice a year a cherished planetary alignment checks in on schedule,
The little rock gets another round from its warmy solar furnax, from
which were forged. The pale blue dot gets yet another round and to no
surprise, another tinier dot gets here around:
Qtractor 0.6.3 (armed hadron beta) is now released!
* Revamped mixer (un)dockable panels (NEW)
* Plugin preset selection sub-menu (NEW)
* LV2 Time position/transport event support (NEW)
* Constrained plugin multi-instantiation (FIX)
* Automation curve node resolution (FIX)
Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written
in C++ with the Qt4 framework. Target platform is Linux, where the Jack
Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced Linux Sound
Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a
fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI, specially dedicated
to the personal home-studio.
nb. Despite the old Qt4 stance, but still recommended, Qtractor does
build, runs and does it all on Qt5 for quite some time now. However, the
former recommendation prevails as the despicable LV2 plugin GUI
X11/embedding support through libSUIL just does NOT work on modern Qt5.
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE 13.1):
- binary packages (openSUSE 13.1):
- quick start guide & user manual (still outdated, see wiki):
- wiki (help wanted!):
Weblog (upstream support):
Qtractor is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms
of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
- Make the mouse-wheel to scroll the plugin list views, when not
hovering a direct-access parameter slider.
- Mixer widget gets (un)dockable Inputs and Outputs panels, also with
their respective title captions.
- Plugin instantiation is now constrained as much to prevent any audio
channel output overriding.
- Existing plugin presets may now be selected right(-click) from plugin
list context-menu (ticket by Harry van Haaren, thanks).
- So-called "painting" over multiple selected event values, while on the
MIDI clip editor view pane below the main piano-roll (eg. note
velocities, controller values, etc.) is now split into two similar
painting modes, whether the sub-menu Edit/Select Mode/Edit Draw is set
on (free-hand) or off (linear).
- Drag-and-copy of plug-in instances across tracks or buses (ie.
cloning) now also copies the direct access parameter setting (ticket by
Holger Marzen, thanks).
- File/Save As... now prompts and suggests an incremental backup name
for existing sessions files.
- Zooming in/out increment is now augmented by whether shift /ctrl
keyboard modifiers are set (on a ticket request by Holger Marzen, thanks).
- LV2 Time position event messages for plugin atom ports that support it
is now being implemented.
- Attempt to break extremely long audio file peak generation on session
close or program exit (as reported by EternalX, thanks again).
- MIDI Controllers Hook and Invert properties are now properly saved for
tracks (after bug report by Nicola Pandini, thanks).
- A segmentation fault when closing with VST plugins open has been
hopefully fixed (after a patch by EternalX, thanks).
- Messages standard output capture has been slightly improved as for
non-blocking i/o, whenever available.
- Automation curve node editing has been slightly improved in regard to
time positioning and resolution.
Enjoy && have fun.
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela
More information about the Linux-audio-dev