[LAD] JACK and vanilla 3.19.2 startup issue

Cedric Roux sed at free.fr
Sat Apr 4 19:29:18 UTC 2015

On 04/04/2015 07:08 PM, Harry van Haaren wrote:
> Running "groups" tells me there is no group other than "root", so JACK
> seems to misinterpret that there is an audio group on the "broken"
> kernel.

not an answer but just to tell you what running "groups" does, as
written in the man page:
  Print  group memberships for each USERNAME or, if no USERNAME is speci‐
  fied, for the current process (which may differ if the groups  database
  has changed).

So running "groups" as root reports the groups the user "root" is in,
not the groups you have on your system.

Try a "grep audio /etc/group", it will print something with a probably
of one minus epsilon.