[LAD] User eXperience in Linux Audio

Thijs van severen thijsvanseveren at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 06:16:05 UTC 2015

Hi Harry
Just wondering where you got your inspriation for the above list?
There are of course numerous documents on ui design .Something like this
http://www.ambysoft.com/essays/userInterfaceDesign.html (but there are
better documents that go into the details. I just i cant find them right
now :-)
I,m not sure if these guidelines explicitly mention splash screens, but i'm
pretty sure that getting feedback from the app about what it is doing is
high on the list

We need to be aware of the fact that most people on this list are devs and
therefore do NOT represent the average user
In other words : "I dont like splash screens so i'm not going to implement
one" is (IMHO) a very very wrong attitude.  The same goes for any other
feature
Keep it simple and dont use 'alt-b' for what the rest of the world knows as
'ctrl-c' because you think thats better. It's not

Anyway, thumbs up for this effort !

Grtz
Thijs