[LAD] User eXperience in Linux Audio

Gordonjcp gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Thu Apr 23 11:11:26 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 12:50:06PM +0300, Vytautas Jancauskas wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 11:39 PM, Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 06:34:25AM -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
> >
> > > A knob is ok if it works similar. Knobs that insist that I touch the
> > > knob pointer and move that in a tiny arch to adjust and where the
> > > pointer flips from one end to the other if I make the wrong move are
> > > not easier to move on stage...
> >
> > That's just bad design.
> >

> I never understood that. Who would think that having to operate a circular
> knob by moving the mouse in a little circle is convenient? It's also a bit
> harder to implement. Is there some argument for it I am not aware of? Even
> if it's a bad argument?

I used to have that in nekobee but at some point (possibly not in a released version, possibly only in Gtk3) I switched to vertical movement.  I really ought to dust that off.  Maybe I'll make time next weekend, this weekend is a full of shite goth music and Landrover offroad contests :-D

--
Gordonjcp MM0YEQ