[LAD] User eXperience in Linux Audio

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Sat Apr 25 10:22:38 UTC 2015

On 04/25/2015 09:43 AM, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On 25.04.2015 09:50, Will Godfrey wrote:
>> One of my pet hates is erratic implementation of tooltips... that
>> can't be
>> disabled!
>
> I'm not sure where I saw it ... an interesting alternative is to have a
> status line in a static location. It can be used for tooltip text,
> parameter values and perhaps a few messages. A drawback is of course the
> distance between the line and whatever the pointer is hovering.

the "vee ones" do exactly this.

btw. their rotary knobs do have optional behaviour now (git head,
v0.6.1.2+):
a) default QDial's which everybody hates;)
b) linear as proportional to distance along the orthogonal x/y axis, and
c) angular aka. radial relative to widget center.
you can now choose which mode suits you best (or less worse:)).

cheers
--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela