[LAD] User eXperience in Linux Audio

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Apr 25 10:36:57 UTC 2015

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 11:01:54 +0100, Will Godfrey wrote:
>On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 11:23:49 +0200
>Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 08:50:21 +0100, Will Godfrey wrote:
>> >One of my pet hates is erratic implementation of tooltips... that
>> >can't be disabled!
>>
>> Tooltips showing the value instead of a description of the option IMO
>> are good.
>
>Debatable. If I'm twiddling knobs to get a particular 'sound' I'm not
>at all interested in what the numbers are. At a later date I might
>want to make a note of them, but if I can save the settings anyway,
>even that is moot.

Assumed you have several sound presets for the same synth and you like
to sync attack times without playing notes and comparing those sounds,
it's nice to at least have a tooltip showing the value. IOW it can help
to at least get coarse results very quickly, fine tuning is another
thing. When mixing with Qtractor I like that I can use the keyboard to
type coarse fader values, before I start doing the fine tuning using the
mouse and keyboard.