[LAD] User eXperience in Linux Audio

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Apr 25 13:45:05 UTC 2015

On Saturday 25 April 2015 03:50:21 Will Godfrey wrote:
> One of my pet hates is erratic implementation of tooltips... that
> can't be disabled!

+10

> Either provide them for *every* control or not at all, and *please*
> provide a way to disable them.

+100

> Ideally there should be a way to enable/disable them from every part
> of your application, so that an experienced user has them off (and out
> of the way) but on using an obscure feature can briefly re-enable
> them.

And, whoever thought it was a good idea, gets 10 lashes for doing the 10
second time out when the thing is stting on the next damned button you
need.  Damit folks, if you have to have it, kill the SOB when the mouse
moves the next pixel!  Let us get on with our work.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)