[LAD] Strange Jack1 problem

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Aug 13 21:43:51 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 4:50 PM, Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 10:21:58AM +0100, Simon Jenkins wrote:

>> The surprise is that it took well over a decade for anyone to spot it.
>
> Partly because in many cases you wouldn't notice a period
> delay, or even several periods. It makes nonsense of any
> latency compensation schemes etc. of course.

I don't agree that this is why it wasn't noticed.

But tather than tilting at windmills, seeking to assign blame, and/or
complaining about already acknowledged ridiculousness of the
situation, we figure out how to fix it?

I have essentially no time right now to work on Jack1 myself, and that
won't change for at least a couple of months. There's already a
backed-up/delayed release that I haven't been able to get to.