[LAD] [ANN] Qtractor 0.7.2 - The Tacky Gluon beta release
Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
Thu Dec 10 16:33:30 UTC 2015
Season greetings y'all,
As cheesy as it might go, as a must already,
Qtractor 0.7.2 (tacky gluon beta) is out!
Quite frankly, there's nothing really stopping you from an upgrade or
rather update to taste! :)
Qtractor  is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application
written in C++ with the Qt framework . Target platform is Linux,
where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK ) for audio and the
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA ) for MIDI are the main
infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio
workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
Major highlights for this dot release are:
* MIDI Track/Instrument bank/programs menu (NEW)
* VST plug-ins preset/bank (FXP/FXB) files support (NEW)
* Duplicate track menu command (NEW)
* XRUN status bar indicator (NEW)
And, of course, Qtractor  is now built to Qt5  as per configure
Hope you enjoy.
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE 13.2):
- binary packages (openSUSE 13.2):
- wiki (help wanted!):
Weblog (upstream support):
Qtractor  is free, open-source Linux Audio  software,
distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL )
version 2 or later.
- Yet another audio/MIDI time drift correction fix, now giving it some
slack while turnaround looping on tempo changes.
- Prevent x11extras module from use on non-X11/Unix platforms.
- MIDI Track/Instrument cascading pop-up menus have been added, to main
and MIDI clip editor windows.
- VST Plugin preset/bank files support (FXB/FXP) is now being integrated
to the generic Plugin/Properties widget dialog.
- Added new Track/Duplicate menu command.
- Added simple XRUN red indicator to status bar.
- Make sure program change/presets are not selected on possibly
multi-timbral instrument plugins when inserted on a MIDI bus.
- Prefer Qt5 over Qt4 by default with configure script.
- Fixed a potential crash-bug on first enabling either once the audio or
 Qtractor - An audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
 Qt framework, C++ class library and tools for
cross-platform application and UI development
 JACK Audio Connection Kit
 ALSA, Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
 Linux Audio consortium of libre software for audio-related work
 GPL - GNU General Public License
 Qtractor Git repository on github.com
 Qtractor Git repository on sourceforge.net
Hope you enjoy && have fun.
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela
More information about the Linux-audio-dev