[LAD] [ANN] Qtractor 0.6.5 - The Fermion Ray beta is out!
Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
Fri Jan 30 17:28:04 UTC 2015
Spread the word,
Qtractor 0.6.5 (fermion ray beta) is out!
* MIDI clip record/overdubbing (NEW)
* Extended track multi-selection for mute/solo (NEW)
* VST-shell sub-plugins support (NEW)
* JACK transport start/stop resilience (FIX)
Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written
in C++ with the Qt4 framework. Target platform is Linux, where the Jack
Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced Linux Sound
Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a
fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI, specially dedicated
to the personal home-studio.
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE 13.2):
- binary packages (openSUSE 13.2):
- quick start guide & user manual (see also: the wiki):
- wiki (help really wanted!):
Weblog (upstream support):
Qtractor is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms
of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
- Connections lines now drawn with anti-aliasing; connections splitter
handles width is now reduced; the MIDI connections splitter pane sizes
are now saved and restored properly.
- Extended multi-selection is now featured on the track-list (main
left-pane), primarily allowing for group mute/solo (and monitor) switching.
- Track-list (left pane) header column widths are now saved and made
persistent across application power cycle (double-click reverts to the
old original default).
- Minor fixes on the MIDI clip event list editor, also making sure the
current event is visible on the piano-roll view.
- As long to prevent asynchronous mistakes to JACK transport state
changes, an internal slack-delay is now introduced after self-initiated
transport commands (eg. start/stop).
- The MIDI clip editor (aka. piano-roll) was missing to clear or reset
the current selection when no shift/ctrl keyboard modifier is in effect.
- VST-shell sub-plugins are now supported (as suggested by abique aka.
Alexandre Bique, thanks).
- MIDI clip record/overdubbing is now possible (Clip/Record on the main
menu or File/Record from the MIDI clip editor.
- Make sure some audio sample file encodings (eg. old Ogg Vorbis) does
not head-start on audio peak generation.
Enjoy && have fun.
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela
More information about the Linux-audio-dev