[LAD] AVB not so dead after all

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 22:50:41 UTC 2015

I thought I would post this since there was a big conversation here a while
back about AES67 and the slow death of AVB due to lack of support.

Well I was talking with a guy from Meyer Sound who told me that AVB has been
resurrected from the dead. Apparently Cisco and other large network hardware
vendors were willing to back it as long as it was made more generic to
accommodate industrial uses that are also time-sensitive.

So apparently it has been re-branded as “Time-Sensitive Networking” and has a
lot more momentum behind it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-Sensitive_Networking
http://www.commercialintegrator.com/article/rebranding_avb_4_key_takeaways_from_time_sensitive_networks_conference

So make of it what you will. :) I just found it to be interesting.

-Reuben