[LAD] [LAU] Return with us now to those thrilling days !

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Mar 26 15:46:39 UTC 2015

On Thu, 26 Mar 2015, Brett McCoy wrote:

> Ah, the good ol' days! I first learned how to recompile kernels in the 90s
> primarily to add new support for audio card drivers (OSS).
>
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 6:05 AM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:
>       Greetings,
>
>       Something to put smiles on faces:
>
>       http://linux-sound.org/lms1999/
>
>       The state of Linux audio software, February 1999.

Somewhere around 95 I switched my BBS to Linux from OS/2 so I could add
networking and email (I think the BBS died pretty soon after that). I
looked at audio SW, but it would be 2005 before I had the hardware that
could run Audio for anything but desktop use. Tape and the Atari Mega2
were what I used for music.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net