[LAD] JACK latency compensation on USB audio devices

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Wed Sep 2 21:51:36 UTC 2015

On 09/02/15 21:35, Joakim Hernberg wrote:

> Well yes, I'm aware of that and it was this extra latency that I
> wanted to ascertain. What puzzles me is that each time the jack server
> is invoked, it will need a different amount of latency compensation
> even when no other parameters have changed.

Didn't Fons mention a similar problem lately? (think two weeks ago).

He's currently travelling, but maybe you want to check out his patches
(yet to be posted).

Note that Fons' patches are only about client execution order in jackd1.
If you also get different values in jackd2, then it's either unrelated
or needs fixing as well.

Cheers