[LAD] Tascam US-16x08 0644:8047

OnkelDead onkel at paraair.de
Tue Aug 30 08:45:47 UTC 2016

Hi Greg,

if your request is still relevant I think I may help.

On my PC the common alsa driver worked OOTB.
I did process what you've mentioned and analyzed USB communication of Tascam
US-16x08 in a Windows 7 VM, but my intention was to get access to all this
nice features (compressors, EQs) the device offers from my Ubuntu Studio
14.04.
As also an USB noob, several smoking heads and 2 weeks later I was able to
patch my snd-usb-audio kernel driver to support all mixer interfaces of that
device.

Interested?

Greets
Detlef