[LAD] cpu spikes

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sun Jan 24 15:13:44 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 03:03:08PM +0100, Fokke de Jong wrote:

> I remember reading somewhere that realtime threads cannot run
> more than .95s every second. That would be very bad if it
> actually meant my threads are blocked  run for a period of 50ms
> straight…

If your normal load is around 50% you shouldn't ever hit that limit.

Do you lock all memory used by your RT threads ?

If you don't and the system is configured for high swappiness
[1] this sort of thing could happen.

I'm routinely running big real-time convolution matrices without
problems, so it's certainly possible.

[1] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swappiness>

--
FA