[LAD] ZASFX is mean with my Qtractor XML session files

Mark D. McCurry mark.d.mccurry at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 13:46:20 UTC 2016

On 07-09, Philip Yassin wrote:

> On 08/07/2016 14:42, Paul Davis wrote:
> >

> >On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 9:57 AM, Mark D. McCurry <mark.d.mccurry at gmail.com
> ><mailto:mark.d.mccurry at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >

> >    The majority of Zyn parameters can be bound via MIDI learn and
> >    there's a
> >    good number of parameters which update running notes (added within
> >    the past
> >    version or two) on changes to either the GUI controls or bound
> >    MIDI CCs.
> >

> >This is not possible when usng a custom plugin GUI inside a host.
> OK, so when is it possible? Only when using it standalone & headless, or are
> there any other combo?

I'm a bit confused by Paul's comment myself as this learning process
does work when Zyn is run within a host (I just tested in ardour to be
sure).
It should work in any scenario where zyn exposes its remote OSC API and
when the Zyn instance receives MIDI CC events.
This should include when it is run as a plugin or as a standalone with
or without an attached UI instance.

--Mark