[LAD] Audio plugins: Streamable audio ports?

Tim E. Real termtech at rogers.com
Sat Jul 9 21:56:53 UTC 2016

Are there any plugin architectures that allow
 input data length different than the output length
 such that the 'run' function can ask for more or less
 input data, for example via some kind of stream?
Instead of passing 'run' a block of data, host would
 pass these streams so that 'run' can pull and push
 whatever lengths it needs.
There would be compatibility information on each
 stream so that other streams could accommodate.

I thought I read of an LV2 extension or something...
Or am I imagining something like Pulse?

Thanks.
Tim.