[LAD] Code reordering

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 13:48:10 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Kjetil Matheussen <k.s.matheussen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>
> wrote:
>
>> kjetil, thanks for the patch.
>>
>> however, the problem with fixing this problem has never been identifying
>> where to put the barriers, it has been adding them in a portable way.
>> __atomic_* are, as far as i can tell, gcc-specific. am i wrong about that?
>>

> I think you're almost correct. Clang supports them too,  so __atomic_*
> functions are portable across
> linux/osx/mingw for the three major platforms.

Regarding the microsoft c compiler, which I don't think supports the
__atomic_ functions, the "volatile" keyword actually
works by default as it should:
http://preshing.com/20141024/my-multicore-talk-at-cppcon-2014/  , so in
order to support
the microsoft c compiler, it's just a matter of creating dummy-macros for
the __atomic_-functions.