[LAD] Multiple JACK servers connected in one host?

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at ponderworthy.com
Mon Mar 7 01:12:25 UTC 2016

Greetings, everyone.  Since I am using 85% of JACK DSP in my primary
production box, while using 14% of the CPU and 1/8 of the RAM according
to htop, it appears that I need to develop a way to move forward :-)  It
is very clear from the excellent Patrick Shirkey's input that one can
use netjack to chain any combination of motherboards each running JACK;
I would like to use the power of my box to do the same internally.

I have taken a number of hours over the last few days in testing. Thus
far, my impression is that netjack1, netjack2, and jacktrip are
explicitly not set up for this.  Using jack2, netjack1 and jacktrip
worked fine for one client/slave, but a second one froze both, and
netjack2 did not work at all, I found a web reference stating that
multijack explicitly does not do localhost unless explicitly set to do
so at the TCP/IP stack programming level.  Using jack1, netjack1 did not
connect at all, so I decided to halt for now and ask Those Who Know :-)

So far, the only clearly workable option, has been to try the Docker
lightweight virtualizer, and run each JACK server and related
application chain in its own container.  Anyone have better ideas?

--
Jonathan E. Brickman   jeb at ponderworthy.com   (785)233-9977
Hear us at http://ponderworthy.com -- CDs and MP3 now available!