[LAD] Multiple JACK servers connected in one host?

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Mar 7 10:12:41 UTC 2016

On Mon, March 7, 2016 7:49 pm, Adrian Knoth wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 06, 2016 at 07:12:25PM -0600, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
>
>> Greetings, everyone.  Since I am using 85% of JACK DSP in my primary
production box, while using 14% of the CPU and 1/8 of the RAM
>> according to htop, it appears that I need to develop a way to move
forward :-)  It is very clear from the excellent Patrick Shirkey's
input that one can use netjack to chain any combination of
>> motherboards each running JACK; I would like to use the power of my box
to do the same internally.

> I so don't get what you're trying to achieve. Use multiple soundcards?
Use multiple CPUs? Parallelize the client graph?

IIUC, it seems that Jonathan has encountered an issue with JACK DSP not
being consistent with cpu load so he is trying to find a way to use
multiple instances of JACK (> 2) on the same machine.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd

--