[LAD] Opening jalv.select window from the command line (Was:jalv.select released V0.5)

Yassin Philip philcm at gnu.org
Thu Mar 31 20:13:33 UTC 2016

And I guess it warrants a release, did I understand it right, you guys
devised a command-line interface to jalv.select, right? Like I used
jalv.select to lauch say, Sorcer, and now...? Please, can you give me
one ore more use-cases? It sounds interesting. AND jalv.select actually
never made the news. So this seems to be it :) I just have to fully
understand what's going on. I read the thread several times, I always
seem to be missing the big picture ; And because I'm a journalist, I'm
clueless. 'Ts me job.

yPhil

On 03/31/2016 05:29 PM, Hermann Meyer wrote:

> Am 31.03.2016 um 13:19 schrieb Christopher Arndt:
>>>>
>>> Also a good point. done.
>> Perfect.
>>
>> One more thing: Whereas, when I run the first instance, itsw window
>> always opens horizontally centered on my desktop.
>>
>> When I open the jalv.select window by running another instance, the
>> window *sometimes* opens in the upper left corner of my desktop,
>> independently of where the mouse pointer currently is.
>>
>> I have not been able to consistently reproduce the behaviour or discern
>> a pattern.
>>

>> Chris
>>
> Hi Chris
>
> I've implement some more guards now to stabilize the fifo read/write
> handling.
> I guess that should be fixed now.
>
> regards
> hermann