[LAD] mixing while using libao and libsndfile

Andrea Del Signore sejerpz at gmail.com
Tue May 17 12:18:49 UTC 2016

On Tue, 17 May 2016 08:08:00 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> Your design is way too simple and fundamentally wrong.
>
> If you want low latency you need to use a pull model (aka callback
> model)
> for audio i/o to the device. Let the device tell you when it wants audio
> data, and deliver it,on time, without blocking (which means no on-demand
> file i/o in the same thread as the device audio i/o). See
> http://www.rossbencina.com/code/real-time-audio-programming-101-time-
waits-for-nothing

Hi Paul,

thanks for your input! I'm aware of "most" of the design issues of that
code. It's only an example that I've done to understand basic libsndfile
api (or just an excuse to write something fun in C ;) )

My next version will be better, but it will mantains the push model in
the api, in order to keep things very simple.

Thanks again,
Andrea