[LAD] MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy on Linux

Felipe Ferreri Tonello eu at felipetonello.com
Sat Nov 19 00:03:50 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

Just want to let people know that the initial release of the MIDI over
BLE drivers for Linux are ready and waiting for review on the
linux-bluetooth mailing list[1]. Hopefully it will be release on the
next version of BlueZ.

I invite everyone to test it out and review the patch so we can improve
it as much as possible.

There is also a video[2] I made just to demonstrate it working on a
Linux desktop, but I have also tested on Embedded Systems such as
Raspberry Pi 2 successfully.

If you want more information on how to setup your system to work
properly, please let me know.

PS: I would like send kudos to ROLI Ltd.[3] since they allowed me to
work on this as a full-time job.

[1] https://marc.info/?l=linux-bluetooth&m=147948132904058&w=4
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKnC9_Buxus
[3] https://roli.com/