[LAD] Session wide panic functionality?

Simon van der Veldt simon.vanderveldt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 16:51:42 UTC 2016

On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Christopher Arndt <chris at chrisarndt.de>
wrote:

> "Panic" is a colloquial name for the reaction triggered by the
> combination of the  MIDI "All notes off" and/or "All sound off" and
> "Reset all controllers" messages. Devices and software, which have a
> panic function usually react to these MIDI messages as well.

That's a perfect suggestion, totally forgot about the MIDI possibilities to
do this. Thanks!
It's also possible to do this for OSC with the /panic command, so I guess
that solves the "where should this functionality live" question :)

Also thanks a lot for the gist, I'll whip up a similar script which will
trigger the relevant commands for both MIDI and OSC and run that separately
from the session manager/transport controls when I need it.
Maybe something to add to gladish or claudia in the future.

Thanks again!
Simon