[LAD] Portaudio or something else?

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 10:18:29 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 8:54 AM, Christopher Arndt <chris at chrisarndt.de>
wrote:
> Am 08.09.2016 um 09:25 schrieb Bengt Gördén:
>> Is Portaudio the best choice for portability or
>> is there some other option that might be better?
>
> You might want to have a look at RtAudio or even JUCE too.

RtAudio I can recommend - it provides a realtively simple API and has a
large user-base.
JUCE implements its own audio classes - but also "everything else and the
kitchen sink".

If this is a simple programming excercise, I recommend using RtAudio
(instead of JUCE or PortAudio).
RtAudio is just two files, compile in and no external dependencies.

My two cents : )  -Harry

--

http://www.openavproductions.com