[LAD] aBLETON lINK

Tito Latini tito.01beta at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 21:27:40 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 12:49:42PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> The innovation is defining an API and protocol based on 3 concepts:
>
>     tempo synchronization

an integral to get the position with the new bpm

>     beat alignment

ask to live coders

>     phase alignment

related to beat alignment

> Whatever you've done in incudine, it doesn't define an actual tempo map
> that can and will be shared among applications, which was always the
> sticking point for JACK to be able to do this. It isn't hard to define such

You always think in JACK. I'm talking about an independent, public and
possibly standard protocol; if you know the recipe, you write what you
want. The implementation in JACK, a library from Ableton, etc, is a
welcome side effect.

I want the freedom to sync a little device in assembly. One time,
without the necessity to check the updates of the "protocol" on the AL
web page.

You (not only Paul) are being much too defensive; perhaps I'm writing
on the wrong list.