[LAD] ALSA Sequencer timestamp on event without scheduling

Felipe Ferreri Tonello eu at felipetonello.com
Fri Sep 30 17:05:00 UTC 2016

Hi Paul,

On 30/09/16 14:48, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 4:35 AM, Felipe Ferreri Tonello
> <eu at felipetonello.com <mailto:eu at felipetonello.com>> wrote:
>

>     >
>     > The time of an event is the time at which it is actually delivered.
>     > If you want to be compatible with most other applications, you have
>     > to deliver the events at the desired time.
>
>     Ok. This is *not* an option. We need to overcome this somehow.
>

> Don't use the ALSA sequencer. The whole term "sequencer" is a reference
> to organization/scheduling based on time. If you're not going to comply
> with that basic concept of what the sequencer is/was about, use raw MIDI
> ports instead.

But this is the whole point. This event we are discussing is time based.
The only difference is that the event time is not its delivered time,
but some time in the past.

I just want to make ALSA Sequencer support this idea, which is new and a
requirement for MIDI over BLE to work properly.

--
Felipe