[LAD] Forgive me, for I have sinned, or: toss your Macintosh, as fast and wide as you can.

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 12:09:54 UTC 2017

Proprietary software does not automatically mean vendor lock-in. A function
to block stolen laptops has nothing to do with vendor lock-in. It is a
useful feature that, frankly, I would love to have on Linux as well.

But also no, I did not compare free software and vendor lock-in. I compared
the problems generated by both of these situations. And that if on the
basis of a problem with proprietary software the OP seemed to be ok with
saying "don't" to the whole proprietary system (that works very-very well
99.9% of the time), then consistently applied such an approach should lead
him to say "no" to all of Linux as well.

--
Louigi Verona
https://www.patreon.com/droning