[LAD] Forgive me, for I have sinned, or: toss your Macintosh, as fast and wide as you can.

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Dec 5 17:30:10 UTC 2017

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 11:21 AM, Louigi Verona <louigi.verona at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have reacted to the initial post because a person was claiming that
> because *a problem* on a Mac happened - that means that everything which is
> a Mac is now a problem. I have responded that this does not sound very
> reasonable and that I can talk about *a problem* I had with Linux and apply
> the same logic.

​That's not really a fair summary. The *problem* which occured on a Mac
potentially involved a complete lockout of the entire machine, for all
time.​ It wasn't a bug in piece of software, it wasn't a crash during a
live performance. It was the successful operation of a feature designed to
take away all control of the machine from the person using it.

It's entirely reasonably to say that you don't mind this feature, and
consider its existence to be a net positive rather than a net negative.

But you can't draw equivalence between this behaviour and some arbitrary
"problem" on any other system.

Exception: if it could be shown that Joern's experience was the result of a
bug OR was easily reversible, then this would put the experience back into
the same realm as other arbitrary system-specific "problems".

​