[LAD] What's with Nedko Arnaudov?

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Wed Dec 6 14:28:30 UTC 2017

Hey all,

is anyone maybe in close contact with Nedko Arnaudov?
I've had trouble piecing together the upstream for a2jmidid [1], when
rebuilding the package for Arch Linux and tried contacting him.

There doesn't seem to be any activity in any of his repositories on
github [2] in recent years (not a good sign).

Especially in the case of a2jmidid, everything I hear from people when
asking them is "this was meant as a quick fix and not to stay around
long"... well, it's 2017 and it has stayed around long.
Additionally, it is dependency to some things currently in use, such as
cadence, etc.

Nedko also worked on ladish [3], afaics, which is still dependant on the
- long outdated/dead - flowcanvas [4].
I don't see any activity there either (at least not in the past four
years). Writing "the site is down" [5] doesn't make me believe that that
project is not dead, either.

This actively keeps programs such as cadence to be integrated into the
[community] repository in Arch, as I will not add flowcanvas back and if
upstream for a2jmidid deteroriates even more, it will be removed from
the main repositories eventually!

It would be great, if someone could shed some light on this.

Best,
David

[1] https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/commit/trunk?h=packages/a2jmidid&id=43147b417cb82d3e0308f94188b5811eb7987a2a
[2] https://github.com/nedko