[LAD] Fwd: Linux Audio Berlin meeting @ c-base 2017-12-06

Simon van der Veldt simon.vanderveldt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 19:32:58 UTC 2017

> Would have some topics to talk about though (pro-audio software
inclusion and keeping in the Arch Linux main repositories, amongst
others).

I'd be interested in this topic as well. Been doing some packaging for
audio production applications for gentoo and I'm starting to consider
proposing splitting off these specific pieces of software from the main
tree because I feel that that could work towards more ownership and by
extension a higher quality of the packages compared to the state we're at
currently with the  "monolithic" package tree.
Since for both Arch and Gentoo it's pretty easy for user to add custom
packages I'd be interested in the reasons why you would prefer to have the
packages in the main Arch repo (assuming that you actually prefer this of
course :)).

Thanks,
Simon