[LAD] Forgive me, for I have sinned, or: toss your Macintosh, as fast and wide as you can.

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat Dec 9 11:48:50 UTC 2017

On Mon, Dec 04, 2017 at 06:52:17PM +0100, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> But even though Mac OS X is a really slick operating system, a
> single feature like the one I encountered makes it completely and
> utterly unacceptable to me (and this is "just" Sierra, I hear with
> the latest High Sierra they are running absolutely hog-wild with
> respect to user choice and privacy). The day I move my private data
> into the Apple "cloud" (or rather, a content delivery network for
> celebrity porn), someone please kill me.

OK :-)

Simple fact is that if you want to be the master of your system
then the only otions you have is Linux or one of the BSDs. And
even then you need to be careful (with things like the Intel ME
and similar).

All the rest (including Android) is infested with telemetry,
backdoors, and general surveillance stuff (usually sold as
'convenience').

Ciao,

--
FA