[LAD] Forgive me, for I have sinned, or: toss your Macintosh, as fast and wide as you can.

nils info at sonoj.org
Sat Dec 9 13:32:19 UTC 2017

Yes, that is possible and I wholeheartly lobby for that because library
bugs and mismatches are common and could be avoided.

Ardour does it and I do it in my own programs as well, or at least will
if properly released. If you can copy a library into your source tree
(Python in my case) why would depend to the external ecosystem?

Some Linux distributions  (mostly very small and unknown though) do it
already but the "way of forefathers", the shared library, is still stuck
in peoples head.

Bottom line: It turned out the Windows way of shipping all or most
libs with the program is a really good way to compatibility.