[LAD] Carla (was... whatever)

Filipe Coelho falktx at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 08:33:25 UTC 2017

On 10.12.2017 00:21, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 18:00:32 +0100, Filipe Coelho wrote:
>> But when installing jalv or qtractor for archlinux, because they
>> depend on suil, expect it to pull gtk2, gtk3, qt4 and qt5.
> suil comes with a dedicated version itself and as far as I notice
> doesn't require ntk-git or even qt4 and qt5 at the same time, even not
> by it's one and only hard dependency lv2, let alone that even qt4 is an
> optional dependency. Following the dependency chain ... I might be
> mistaken .. even GTK3 seems not to be a hard dependency. Did I miss
> something by suil's dependency chain?

You're missing the fact that all of these are optional dependencies.
Nothing in carla is a real build-time dependency.

But obviously, if you want to load gtk2 uis on carla, you need gtk2.
Same goes for qt4, qt5 and gtk3. There is no way around this, you need
the toolkit during build-time in order to support it.

ntk-git (and also fftw3, mxml and zlib) are dependencies of zynaddsubfx.
you can take those out if you don't care about zyn inside carla.